Friday, December 19, 2014
Friday, May 16, 2014
I decided that once my studio was "up and running" I would start off with some little paintings called "oddments". These are painted on remainder pieces of wood that are left once my larger panels are constructed.
I thought it would be fun to just do a few of these for a while to get back into the swing. The wildflowers that are in the painting are from my yard in Texas.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Oh boy... did it fill up quickly! I've since switched the small drawing table out and replaced it with a 3' x 5' drafting table which will be much more useable with its flat file drawer and larger work surface.
While going through the flat file drawer and organizing all the papers (found some beautiful Twinrocker Handmade Watercolor sheets in there! YEA!) I just might have to put those to good use.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
One more painting ready to go to La Posada de Santa Fe... I'm hoping to do one more before I head out to New Mexico to deliver new work.
This has been a fun series of paintings! I actually did a version of this same idea for the demo I did earlier this week at the Trinity Art League in San Antonio. I did the demo as a 20 x 16 but I wiped it off at the end because the sunflowers died. :(
I've been putting birds in the last three and in the next one I'm thinking a real bird might be fun. I'll just have to think about it a bit. All of the first four have flowers in them so I'll probably do some more flowers... here I am, thinking out loud!
Monday, June 10, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
This painting is still on the easel but I thought I'd post it now. I'm considering adding a twig of leaves wrapping around the left side of the pitcher to round out the composition but I'm still mulling it over. I did a test image in photoshop and I think it's worth a try. Other than that, I just want to make sure the background transitions are nice and smooth (looks pretty good here but that's the wonders of Photoshop) It looks pretty good in person but the photograph brought out some rough areas that I'm not really happy with....
funny how that works!
Anyway, here it is. I put a small image with the added twig that I worked up in PS just to see if I'd like it. Comments are welcomed but may be ignored! LOL