Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some new watercolor paintings...















I've been working hard to get back into the watercolor routine by doing a series of small (6" x 6") paintings. I'll move on to some larger ones after these.

I have to have a bunch of watercolors for "Art City Austin" (formerly called the Austin Fine Art Festival) in April as well as for the Antique Rose Emporium's "Galleria in the Hacienda"

I've been trying to focus on oil paintings lately but both of these shows have requested my watercolors so I have to change hats for a while. I've been completing these little paintings in about 2 days each so I should be able to have quite a few by the end of March.

I'll post more as I finish them.


3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

These paintings are absolutely luminous! What sort of surface are you working on? I really like your idea of doing the small ones, too. Paint on!

J A Baker said...

Thank you Susan.

I'm painting on 300 lb Arches Cold Press. It's pretty much the only paper that I use except for some very special Twinrocker paper that I purchased when I visited the Daniel Smith store in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

No one does watercolor like you do! They are truly amazing!