Monday, April 14, 2008

Now that Art City Austin is over...


...I'm looking forward to working in mediums other than watercolor for a while!

I spent the last two months concentrating on getting stock ready for the festival and it will be fun to break out my oils again. I've had several ideas that I want to try so the next few months should be interesting. I'll also be making a quick trip out to CA (work for Paul and a mini vacation for me.) 
Then it's back to the studio.

"Art After Dark" 
Booth #114 at Art City Austin,  April 12, 2008, 7:30 pm (cell phone photo)

PS. I've decided that Art City Austin is probably not the best venue for my watercolors.  Although I received nothing but the best feedback about my work, sales were just not there. I sold a few reproductions but that was it. I'm contemplating the reasons and I've decided that unless I can include oils or acrylics to my booth, I will probably not do the festival again next year. 

Maybe, just like last year, the best outcomes of the festival are not the sales but the contacts that were made. I've met some interesting new people, made some wonderful new friends and reached some enlightening new conclusions so all is well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry the outcome was not better, but you do have a wonderful attitude about it! Good luck with your "enlighting new conclusions!" Now...paint to your heart's content! :-)

J A Baker said...

It makes no sense to be depressed when sales are disappointing. No time is wasted unless you don't learn anything from it.