Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"A View of Cypress Bend"

Painting the river on this sunny afternoon was a real challenge for me. The water is beautifully clear and the first impression of it is that it is somewhere between seafoam green and aqua. In fact it is every color on my palette! It was a great piece to expand my comfort envelope.
I will certainly attempt this again but I think tomorrow I'd like to paint some rolling meadows and sky. Who would have guessed that I would fall in love with painting outdoors?

"A View of Cypress Bend"
Oil on Panel
12" x 16"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the flood lines on the trees.

Unknown said...

Wonderful! You are inspiring me to take grab my paints and a canvas and head outside!

J A Baker said...

I'm getting prepared to spend some studio time now working on paintings for the Oil Painters of America and for the Greenhouse Gallery Salon!

It's time to buckle down and get really serious.

Thanks for the comments. You should get out there and paint! It does wonders for the spirit.

Helen Read said...

What lovely work! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, Brushstrokes, etc. I'm glad I found yours!
I'm also from Texas - and you've captured the beauty so nicely :)

J A Baker said...

thanks helen...
i appreciate the kind comments. i really enjoyed the brilliance and joy in your paintings. they look beautifully spontaneous!

keep up the good work.

i wish i had the discipline to do a painting a day. i am painting a lot more than i used to, however.