Thursday, November 1, 2007

Part of the Fun...

When painting outdoors, part of the process is interacting with the curious public. The last time I was out painting with my studio partner, a nice man stopped and took pictures of us. I was happy to find those pictures in my email today and I thought I would post one of them.

Some artists that I know say that they find it distracting to have someone interacting with you while you are painting. I find it interesting that others are fascinated by artists, what artists do, and how artists work. It's pretty much second nature to me to have someone looking over my shoulder. What is more difficult for me is to explain why or how I paint.

I'd love to hear what others think about this.

2 comments:

Bernie Rosage Jr. said...

Judith... I'm like you... the casual onlooker while plein air painting doesn't bother me in the least. My problem is that I love to talk so much that many times I end up finishing the piece in the studio. For me... the people are as much a part of the plein air experience as nature is. I couldn't live without them both. Thanks for dropping by my site. Your work is beautiful!
Bernie

J A Baker said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am looking forward to visiting your state next Spring when I visit a dear friend in Asheville. It's such a beautiful area!
I enjoyed watching the video clip of OOPS. We have a similar group here in the Hill Country of Texas.
It was the organization of that group that started me on the path to plein air. Keep up the good work!