Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's been a while!

It's been a busy few weeks for me. I've recently finished a commissioned painting of cowboy boots, attended my last meeting as an officer of the New Braunfels Art League, and now I'm moving into my new studio/gallery space.

This picture is the front door (the one on the right) to my studio. The building is a relocated Texas cabin originally built in the 1800's.


The first thing you see as you enter the front door is going to be the public room... a place to greet people, visit with them and present my available work. It's a really rustic and cozy space and it will look great with a rug, a few comfortable chairs and a selection of my work.







This last picture is from the kitchen looking toward the front door. The area in the foreground will be my work area. It's only slightly separated from the public room and anyone visiting the studio will have a view of the work space. They'll be treated to the sight of the clutter of a working painting studio and the controlled chaos it involves. Fortunately, I have a small back room for storage and the "not so picturesque" elements of a working studio.



I'm looking forward to receiving visitors along with my studio/gallery partner, Brigitte Woosley, who will be offering her wonderful Western oil paintings in the adjoining gallery space.

I'd love to have you come visit me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing these "before" pictures...can't wait to see it as a working studio. Congratulations!