Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The newest member of Oil Painters of America...

I've decided to really work on getting my work out into new venues this year and I've entered a few big shows and applied for membership in the Oil Painters of America.


Today I received my letter of acceptance!  I hadn't heard anything since I sent in my application one week ago and I was resigned to the fact that I wouldn't get in before the National Juried Exhibition deadline.  

I went to see the show at the Whistlepik Gallery in Fredericksburg last year and was quite impressed with the caliber of work I saw there.  I've now sent in my entry and I have my fingers crossed!

Wish me luck?

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should never have had a moment's doubt!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Susan Carlin said...

Omigosh. Congratulations! What a fabulous endorsement of your work already! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Had to come right over and see yours. I'm so happy for you. Looks like we're nearby each other, so I hope we collide at some point.
All the best to you!

J A Baker said...

You are both too kind!

Unknown said...

Congrats! And thanks for dropping by my reception.
Cheers!
Linda