Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm a little bit sad...

I made a decision this month to give up my lovely studio.  I've been so busy at working on our "new home" that I haven't had any time to go to the studio and paint over the past two months. You can see what's been going on there if you go to "the trailer dailies" that I've been posting on my website.  I finally updated the pages on Wednesday night so it's now pretty complete.


That was only half of the reason, though, why I've decided to give it up...

With gas prices going up and the impending move to Canyon Lake, I decided that I will paint at home for a while. It's about 20 miles (one way) from our property so the round trip costs me dearly!

I'll still be painting again when the dust clears from the construction and I'm looking forward to it.  The longer I stay away from painting, the more I miss it.  I'm trying to see this as a "summer sabbatical" which will end soon! 

Since I haven't been painting much, I thought I'd put up a photo of the watercolor painting that was recently accepted in the 23rd Annual Conservatory Art Classic at the Bosque Conservatory in Clifton, TX. There were 159 works accepted from 859 entries. I've been told it's pretty difficult to get into this show so I'm thrilled to be chosen.  The show will be on exhibit from September 20 - 28.
 

"Tiny Pumpkins, No. 2"
14" x 11" 
Transparent Watercolor on Twinrocker Handmade Watercolor Paper

Also in September, I will be part of a three-artist invitational exhibit at the Ray Goldstein Gallery at the Dell Jewish Community Center  in Austin, TX.  I'm looking forward to this show since it will be the first time that I will have a showcase of my work in oils, acrylics AND watercolor. I'm grateful to the selection committee for inviting me and I'll post additional information when it's available.

2 comments:

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

It's so nice to see you post again. I do love this painting. Congratulations on your acceptance to the Bosque Art Classic as well as your upcoming three-artist exhibit. Sounds like your back in the creative saddle again.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your acceptance in the Bosque Conservatory. I can tell that the decision to leave the studio was not easy. I'm sure your muse will find you!