Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Something I was reminded of...



"James"
Conté on Colored Paper


I was visiting the blog of a new acquaintance of mine, Susan Carlin. She does wonderful portraits among other things. She recently posted a simple portrait drawing that I really loved.  I thought I'd dig into my archives and find this portrait that I did during a life drawing session a few years ago. 
Sometimes the full pose just doesn't inspire you and it's the perfect time to work on your portrait skills.



Here's another portrait from a life drawing group session...




"Lydia"
Conté on Colored Paper

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Well, aren't you nice! Thank you for nice comment on my blog...AND yours. Your drawings are beautiful. Working from life is such a pleasure, isn't it? My little drawing was done from a photo the buyer snapped of his friend, then emailed to me. I emailed back the image of the drawing, he paid by credit card over the phone and now I'll ship it to him by mail. Today's conveniences are wonderful, but OH! working from the model is heaven. Hope to see you this weekend at the Rose Emporium!