Sunday, August 26, 2007

I took the day off...

Actually, I went to the new studio space this morning and took a few paintings with me. After that I came back to the house and put in an hour on a new painting before going off for a social afternoon with family.

It was difficult, once I started, to put down my brushes. I'm really liking the switch to oils from watercolors. I'm having to look at things a lot differently and adjust my thinking when planning a painting. I'm sure I will continue to do watercolors but it will be nice to have another medium to alternate with.

I'm finding that oils are opening me up to a much looser style and brighter color work. Interesting!

Here is a tiny little peek inside our new studio...


We've decided to call the space "Three Brushes Studio & Gallery".
We've painted one of the walls in the gallery area with a medium gray but it looks a little too blue. So we'll try again for a more neutral gray. It does look good with a little darker wall though. Our work should stand out very nicely. Watch for the next picture. There should be some paintings up by then.

No comments: