Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My painting for today...

"Magnolia"
Oil on Canvas
8" x 10"
(Sorry, this one is taken)

I did this painting today for an art trade. I felt really good about it and it crossed my mind that I should have kept it and traded another piece.

In the end, I decided to let this one go for the trade and I'm glad I did. It will have a place in the home of someone who will appreciate and hopefully cherish it.

If I had kept it, I would see it every day and it would hinder my progress. I am beginning to understand that about myself. I had a very wise friend tell me that the best thing that I can do to progress as a painter is to let go of each piece as it is finished so there will be room for many more. I think I am ready to test that theory.

If I progress as I hope, there will be something new to post every day. (Well, at least most days. I'm not quite THAT disciplined.)

No comments: