Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Ball Moss on Red"

This is an acrylic painting that I started as a demo for the New Braunfels Art League meeting a few months ago.


I've put a little more work into it and finished the sides of the panel (about 10" x 10" and about 2" deep)  I'd like to do a few more pieces like this as a series.  

I wish I could get the photo to show the deep cherry red of the background but it just doesn't seem to translate very well. Why is it so hard to get the reds and oranges to show up right in photos?

I'll have to keep trying.

2 comments:

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

I just love your work and always look forward to each and every post. This is beautiful, of course!

Timothy said...

Thank you for your article, really helpful material.
demolition | flag of Ireland | leopard pumps